Chris Rokosh, RN, PNC(C), President of Connect Medical Legal Experts
Chris Rokosh is a trailblazing nurse entrepreneur who, after 25 years working in healthcare, decided to change things.
Many nurses simply accept that things are the way they are in healthcare, but Chris Rokosh doesn’t. She believes that not only can we do better, we want to do better. We just don’t always know how.
Chris’s 40 year nursing career included everything from working as an emergency flight nurse to providing home care to HIV stricken patients. As a certified perinatal nurse, she has been present for the birth of nearly 10,000 beautiful babies. She has seen all of the good and all of the bad that healthcare has to offer. Then, her work as a Legal Nurse Consultant showed her, for the first time, how bad outcomes in healthcare affected the lives of patients. She also realized that nurses were making some of the same mistakes over and over again. One day, she decided to change things by creating an entirely new industry that bridged the healthcare knowledge gap.
Chris became Canada’s first Legal Nurse Consultant and built a business based on the belief that accurate, unbiased, scientifically based medical knowledge can positively impact healthcare, law, industry and individual lives. Her recent book ‘Shift. Change. Empowering Nurses with Medical Legal Knowledge’ does just that. Chris has provided expert opinion on over 300 medical malpractice cases and trained some of the top medical legal experts in North America. Her company, Connect Medical Legal Experts now consults on hundreds of lawsuits on any given day, and works with major companies like Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer and Bard.
Chris is a humorous, warm engaging speaker who connects with audiences on a truly personal level. She brings a wealth of experience to the healthcare and entrepreneurial worlds that educates, relates and motivates. Don’t miss the opportunity to hear her speak.
Chris Rokosh is a prolific keynote speaker and featured in national media, including Globe and Mail, Canadian Nurse, Chatelaine, Lawyer’s Weekly.
- Profit Magazine’s Top 100 Female Entrepreneurs
- RBC Women of Influence Award Nominee
- Alberta Venture’s Innovation Superstar Nominee
- Award of Excellence in Nursing Education
- Published author of ‘Shift. Change. Empowering Nurses with Medical Legal Knowledge’
- Featured cover on Canadian Nurse Magazine
- Founding member of the Legal Nurse Consulting Association of CanadaSpeaker and contributing author to the American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants
- Part of a national, multidisciplinary team for safer practices in Obstetrical care
- Member/speaker, Women’s Presidents Organization
- Developer and keynote speaker for ‘Introduction to Legal Nurse Consulting’ and ‘Legal Issues in Nursing’
- Invited participant to national roundtable on patient safety
- Founder of ‘The Jamaica Project’ improving access to justice for victims of medical malpractice in the Caribbean
- Invited speaker to universities, medical and legal conferences across North America
- Media trained, regular contributor to local and national media